Build a Lifelong Love of Reading in Every Student!
Johnson Elementary uses the Accelerated Reader (AR) program to help promote and encourage reading. AR’s advanced technology helps:
- Make essential reading practice more effective for every student.
- Personalize reading practice to each student’s current level.
- Manage all reading activities including read to, read with, and read independently.
- Assess students’ reading with four types of quizzes: Reading Practice, Vocabulary Practice, Literacy Skills, and Textbook Quizzes.
- Build a lifelong love of reading and learning.
Improve Parental Involvement with Renaissance Home Connect
With the new Renaissance Home Connect, you can keep parents involved by linking the school and home to make personalized reading practice even more effective. Renaissance Home Connect involves parents by providing a direct link to what students are working on at school. By logging on from their home computer, students and parents can:
- See progress toward reading goals.
- Conduct book searches using AR Bookfinder
- Review results on AR quizzes.
- View number of books read, words read,
and quizzes passed.
- And much, much more.